+86 15178133023

Opening hours

Mon - Sun : 07:00 - 23:00

letpadaung copper mine

• Document Home Amnesty International

This briefing examines the current human rights situation at Myanmar's largest copper mine, the Letpadaung mine. The operating company, a subsidiary of Chinas Wanbao Mining, intends to extend the mines perimeter, putting hundreds of people at risk of forced eviction from their homes and farmland.

Read More
  • Letpadaung Copper Mine Monywa Landmark amp; Historical

Letpadaung Copper Mine, Monywa. 255 likes 183; 1,814 were here. The Letpadaung Copper Mine is a large surface mine in the Salingyi Township of Sagaing

Read More
  • Myanmar Wanbao Mining Copper Letpadaung Mine Project

Myanmar Wanbao Mining Copper Limited is responsible operating the Letpadaung mine project in Sagaing Region Myanmar Burma

Read More
  • Myanmar Suspend copper mine linked to ongoing human

Thousands at Risk of Forced EvictionsEvery Crop PerishedRepression of Peaceful ProtestsBackgroundThe report reveals that thousands of people living close to the mine continue to be at risk of being forcibly evicted from their homes and/or their farmland. The operator Myanmar Wanbao Mining Copper Limited (Myanmar Wanbao), a fully owned subsidiary of Wanbao Mining, says it plans to expand the mines perimeter by a further two thousand acres which includes the homes of 141 families in four villages. The company has not given a date for its planned acquisition let alone other details.MyanmarRead More
  • Letpadaung Copper Mine Project Review Myanmar Wanbao

Dec 30, 20140183;32;Here is the official release (Article) of Myanmar Wanbao Mining Copper Limited.Now it is available in three languages (Myanmar,Chinese and English) Concerning with Letpadaung news, we hope that you all will describe news in your media with completely justice and righteous ways. Thanks for your recently contact and cooperation.

Read More
  • Burma riot police move in to break up copper mine protest

Nov 29, 20120183;32;Burma riot police move in to break up copper mine protest with teargas and water cannon in an overnight operation to disperse thousands of villagers protesting against a vast copper mining

Read More
  • Letpadaung copper mine Late for Nowhere

Posts about Letpadaung copper mine written by latefornowhere. Late for Nowhere. Back cycling on the roads and trails of the U.S., and dealing with reverse culture

Read More
  • Burma Partnership 187; Myanmar Letpadaung Mine Protesters

The Letpadaung copper mining project has come to represent all that is wrong with the Myanmar governments approach of prioritizing profits and foreign investment over human rights. Once in power the new government must put in place safeguards to protect people from corporate human rights abuses and hold officials and companies to account.

Read More
  • Report of Evidence Regarding Controversies at Letpadaung

Lawyers Network/Justice Trust report on Letpadaung copper mine 3 the mining site.1 Wanbao reportedly pays all production costs and receives 49% of production, with the largest profit shares reportedly going to UMEHL and the Government.2 UMEHL is the largest state owned enterprise controlled by the Burmese military.

Read More
  • Letpadaung Copper Mine Consult Myanmar

Jun 27, 20180183;32; The Union Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment Conservation Minister Ohn Win said that the profit received by the State within eight months from Letpadaung copper mine which is owned and jointly operated by Myanmar Economic Holdings Ltd (MEHL). and Chinas Wanbao Company was about US$ 20 million.

Read More
  • Burma Partnership 187; Letpadaung Copper Mine

Dec 09, 20150183;32;Myanmar Letpadaung Mine Protesters Still Denied Justice. Myanmars government stands accused of putting profits before human rights at the Letpadaung copper mine, with continued detention of activists and continued refusal to investigate use of white phosphorous against peaceful protestors, said Amnesty International today

Read More
  • Monywa Letpadaung copper mine, Sagaing, Myanmar EJAtlas

The Letpadaung copper mine is part of the Monywa copper project, which also contains the Sabetaung and Kyisintaung (Samp;K) copper mines, as well as the Moe Gyo sulphuric acid factory. Letpadaung is the largest of the Monywa deposits and accounts for 75% of the total copper reserves.

Read More
  • Abstract

look into whether the Letpadaung copper mine project should continue. The inquiry commission report (the Report) was released in March 2013. To the dismay of many Letpadaung villagers and activists, the Report supported continuation of the project provided that investors made necessary improvements.

Read More
  • Monywa Letpadaung copper mine, Sagaing, Myanmar EJAtlas

The Letpadaung copper mine is part of the Monywa copper project, which also contains the Sabetaung and Kyisintaung (Samp;K) copper mines, as well as the Moe Gyo sulphuric acid factory. Letpadaung is the largest of the Monywa deposits and accounts for 75% of the total copper reserves. The other deposits have been developed under the Samp;M mine [1,2,3].

Read More
  • Letpadaung Copper Mine to Resume Operations

Jul 26, 20130183;32;NAYPYIDAW The controversial Letpadaung copper mine is set to resume operations, a union minister said on Thursday, following the signing of a new contract that gives the government a large share of the mines profits.

Read More
  • Against Letpadaung copper mining in Myanmar and the

Aug 03, 20150183;32;Against Letpadaung copper mining in Myanmar and the struggle for human rights. Contention around a mine in Myanmar especially police treatment of

Read More
  • Monywa Letpadaung Copper Mine industryabout

Type Open pit Mine Products Copper Ore Owner Monywa Copper Project Shareholders Wanbao Mining Copper Ltd, Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings (UMEHL) Activity Since Contact Coordinates 22.084304,95.095831 Address Letpadaung, Salingyi Township, Sagaing Region Email Phone +86 (10) 8391 9150 (Beijing Head Office) Web wbmining

Read More
  • letpadaung copper mine fishingadvisor

Letpadaung Copper Mine Wiki Everipedia. Dec 02, 20170183;32;The Letpadaung Copper Mine ( Burmese ) is a large surface mine in the Salingyi Township of Sagaing Region of Myanmar.Since Myanmar began liberalizing in 2011 the mine has been the site of contentious protest and come to symbolize the shortcomings of political reform.

Read More
  • Letpadaung Copper Mine Monywa Landmark amp; Historical

Letpadaung Copper Mine, Monywa. 255 likes 183; 1,814 were here. The Letpadaung Copper Mine is a large surface mine in the Salingyi Township of Sagaing

Read More
  • Home Myanmar Yang Tse Copper Mining MYTCL

Historically identified as the Sabetaung, Kyisintaung and Letpadaung Projects (S,Kamp;L) from previous mining endeavours, the MYTCL organisation has separated the Samp;K ore bodies from the Letpadaung copper reserves as an individually operated, yet collective entity of Wanbao Mining Myanmar Wanbao Mining Copper Limited has become the operator

Read More
  • Letpadaung Copper Mine Project Review Myanmar Wanbao

Dec 30, 20140183;32;Letpadaung Copper Mine Project Review . Tuesday, 30 December 2014 Official Release (Article) Dear Media Friends, Here is the official release (Article) of Myanmar Wanbao Mining Copper Limited.Now it is available in three languages (Myanmar,Chinese and English)

Read More
  • Myanmar Yang Tse Copper Mine MYTCL Home

We present you with an array of historical and up to date information on Myanmars 1 Copper Mine, as well as with our Myanmar Copper Mining Sustainability Report for the year 2018 19 and our defined International tactics for 2019 through 2020, and onwards. MYTCL is an International mining corporation enhancing its overseas focus on the sustainability of local Myanmar employees and national

Read More
  • Testing Myanmars reforms At Letpadaung mine, villagers

Testing Myanmars reforms At Letpadaung mine, villagers stand up to generals. GlobalPost. The project, which will slowly hollow out a copper rich mountain called Letpadaung, is owned by a

Read More
  • In the Shadow of Letpadaung Stories from Myanmar's

The scale of the Letpadaung copper mine was overwhelming, even from a distance. Looking down on the site from the outskirts of a nearby village, I could see stripes of copper lining the walls of the pit while small trucks, about the size of ants from where I stood, steadily made their way across the mine.

Read More
  • Chinese Company to Begin Controversial Copper Mining

The large mine project operated by Chinas Wanbao Mining Copper Company and Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings (UMEHL), a Myanmar army owned conglomerate, in the town of Letpadaung in

Read More
  • Myanmar Foreign mining companies colluding in serious

Canadian and Chinese mining interests have profited from, and in some cases colluded with the Myanmar authorities in serious human rights abuses and illegal activity around the Monywa copper mine complex, which includes the notorious Letpadaung mine, Amnesty International said in a

Read More
  • Letpadaung Copper Project to bring in US$20m The Myanmar

The Letpadaung Copper Project, which is a joint venture between the Wanbao Mining Company from China, Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited and the Myanmar Government is expected to generate about US$20 million in its first 10 months for the State, said U Ohn Win, Union Minister for Natural Resources and Environment.

Read More
  • Submission of Evidence to Myanmar Governments

The Letpadaung copper mine project, on the west bank of the Chindwin River in Sar Lin Gyi township, Mon Ywar district, Sagaing Division, is a 2010 joint venture of Wanbao, a mining company subsidiary of North China Industries Corporation, and Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited (UMEHL), a military run state company also known as U Paing.

Read More
  • Left behind by the Letpadaung copper mine Frontier Myanmar

Today, however, those farmlands have largely disappeared, replaced by the Letpadaung Copper Mine, the heavily fortified compound of which looms to the villages north. As dusk descended over the village, the sound of stones being crushed on the site could be heard in the distance.

Read More
  • In the Shadow of Letpadaung Unearth

JULY 2015, SALINGYI TOWNSHIP, Sagaing Region The scale of the Letpadaung copper mine is overwhelming, even from a distance. Looking down on the site from the outskirts of a nearby village I could see strips of copper lining the walls of the pit while trucks, appearing ant sized from where I stood, steadily made their way across the vast open mine in northwestern Myanmar.

Read More
  • letpadaung copper mine fishingadvisor

Letpadaung Copper Mine Wiki Everipedia. Dec 02, 20170183;32;The Letpadaung Copper Mine ( Burmese ) is a large surface mine in the Salingyi Township of Sagaing Region of Myanmar.Since Myanmar began liberalizing in 2011 the mine has been the site of contentious protest and come to symbolize the shortcomings of political reform.

Read More
  • Letpadaung Fields of Fire The Irrawaddy

Myanmar Wanbao Mining Copper Ltd signed a joint venture with UMEHL in mid 2010 and a 60 year land grant for the project was acquired from the Ministry of Home Affairs in August 2012. Since then, just over 7,867 acres of land in the Letpadaung region have been confiscated to make way for the US$997 million expansion of the copper mine.

Read More
  • TalkLetpadaung Copper Mine

External links modified. Hello fellow ns, I have just modified one external link on Letpadaung Copper Mine.Please take a moment to review my edit.If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes

Read More
  • In the Shadow of Letpadaung Unearth

JULY 2015, SALINGYI TOWNSHIP, Sagaing Region The scale of the Letpadaung copper mine is overwhelming, even from a distance. Looking down on the site from the outskirts of a nearby village I could see strips of copper lining the walls of the pit while trucks, appearing ant sized from where I stood, steadily made their way across the vast open mine in northwestern Myanmar.

Read More
  • Letpadaung Copper Mine to Resume Operations

Jul 26, 20130183;32;NAYPYIDAW The controversial Letpadaung copper mine is set to resume operations, a union minister said on Thursday, following the signing of a new contract that gives the government a large share of the mines profits. Hla Tun, a union minister from the Presidents Office who chairs the

Read More
  • Fury over Letpadaung copper mine report The Myanmar Times

Opponents of the Letpadaung copper mine project have strongly rejected the report of the investigation commission set up by the government in the wake of a violent police crackdown against protesters last

Read More
  • Letpadaung mine to restart operations in May Wanbao

The Chinese firm behind the controversial Letpadaung copper mine said last week it plans to restart operations in May, a month after a National League for Democracy government takes office.

Read More